So, I made a list of all fundamental purposes that I should be considering.
- Live a life of least harm.
- Live a life of least notice, inconspicuously.
- Live a life of maximum influence and change.
- Live a life of striving to be heard, to teach (could be related to maximum influence).
- Live a life of striving to understand and learn, pursue truth.
- Live a life of appreciating the most beauty possible, worship.
- Live a life of greatest entertainment, most laughs, most pleasure.
- Live a life of greatest ease and comfort.
- Live a life of greatest effort, earning of rewards.
- Live a life of greatest appreciation by others (family and friends, or world).
- Live a life of greatest honesty, truthfulness to self.
- Live a life of greatest generosity and giving, selfless.
- Live a life of greatest length.
- Live a life of supporting causes one believes in and fighting those one opposes, activism.
What am I leaving out of this list? What is the "best" option on this list? I say that I'm implicitly following the activist purpose because I feel like there are certain ideas that I continue to try to express (not necessarily immediately evident as political, but maybe social), whether it be through my writing or my actions or something else. In essence, I feel like my primary purpose is to promote certain ideas that I think are true, and try to stamp out ideas that I think are false, or harmful. Which makes my reading of
Anyway. So much is going through my head now, I wrap up each weekend feeling that I'm just getting started, and I end each workday feeling that the work has not even begun. I'm feeling a strong need to rest and organize my thoughts. Between